PBIBS17: Take this nautical quiz
Let’s see how nautical you (or your mates) are. Take this little quiz. Scroll down for the answers:
- Generally, where is the Panama Canal in relation to Palm Beach. (i.e., southeast, northwest, etc.)
- What does EPIRB stand for?
- What does “To drown the miller” mean? Lower the anchor; add water to your rum ration; use the head; drink too much.
- True or false: The banks of a river are designated right bank or left bank relative to a vessel’s course downstream, not to the vessel herself.
- Which nation has the most coastline?
- What are the chart abbreviations for fixed and flashing lights?
The answers are below.
- The Panama Canal is due south.
- EPIRB is an emergency position-indicating radio beacon
- To drown the miller means to add water to your rum ration.
- Canada has the most miles of coastline: 56,453. The next closest country is Indonesia with 33,987 miles.
- F. and Fl.
Watch for more of this quiz on Sunday.