IGY Community Outreach Project – Inspire Giving through You
Date(s) - Feb 20, 2016
One Day, One Goal, One Big Party
IGY Marinas the largest international marine network in the world invites you to our “Inspire Giving through You” Community Outreach Project. Spanning over six countries, eight IGY Marina locations will participate in multiple different community service endeavors.
- On Saturday, February 20th, 2016, IGY Marinas staff, IGY Anchor Club Sponsors, boat owners, captains and crews will have the opportunity to support local charities and nonprofit organizations.
Our goal is to get people off the boats and into the communities where we operate, by rolling up our sleeves and donating time and corroborated efforts. The following marina’s will have sponsored events:
· Yacht Haven Grande and American Yacht Harbor in St. Thomas will be focusing their effort in restorations to the St. Thomas Swimming Association Pool and basic repairs to the Boys & Girls Club Center.
- · Simpson Bay Marina and Yacht Club at Isle de Sol in St. Maarten will be donating time to improve the interior and exterior of the ICAN Foundation’s orphanage.
- · Blue Haven Marina in Turks and Caicos will be working with the Provo Children’s Home, by assisting with restorations of the facility as well as stocking the food pantry.
- · Rodney Bay Marina in St. Lucia will help the Boy’s Training Centre with establishing an agricultural garden which will supply the organization with fresh grown produce.
- · Marina Santa Marta in Colombia will be assisting The Fundehumac Foundation in restorations of the interior of the facility and will delegate a mural painting; children of the organization will participate in the organized activities.
- · Marina Cabo San Lucas in Mexico will direct supportive efforts in the restoration of (2) local community recreational parks and will assist with building a wheelchair accessible ramp at the Cabo Carolina Cerebral Palsy Foundation’s office.
” Inspire Giving through You ” volunteers will be assisting with restorations, improvements, maintenance repairs, basic renovations, cleaning, and overall beautification of the chosen non-profit care-facilities and recreational areas. As an on-going endeavor, marinas have already started collection bins in their respective offices to receive donations for items such as: non-perishable provisions, computers, clothes, shoes, books, school supplies, toys and sports/playground items.
One Day, One Goal, One Big Party!
February 20th, 2016
|St. Thomas||Turks & Caicos|
|St. Lucia||Cabo San Lucas, MX
June 11th, 2016
|Manhattan, NY||Newport, NJ|
|Hampton, NY||Charleston, SC|
|St. Petersburg, FL||Fort Lauderdale, FL|