ISM Lead Auditor course
Date(s) - Oct 27, 2015 - Oct 30, 2015
ISM LEAD AUDITOR
27-30 Oct 2015 / Ft Lauderdale, FL USA / $1,595USD per attendee
This course is comprehensive and fully self-contained. No knowledge of management systems, the ISM Code or auditing is assumed or necessary.This course is equally suitable for those who have, or may have in the future, duties involving matters of safety and pollution prevention and who want to develop a good grasp of how management systems can achieve these goals. Delegates receive a certificate upon successful completion of the whole course.
- the history, background and implications of the ISM Code
- the content and objectives of the ISM Code
- administrations, recognised organisations and the certification regime
- management system concepts and principles
- interpretation of the requirements of the ISM Code and how a ship management company may achieve compliance
- demonstration of compliance with the requirements of the ISM Code by means of records and other objective evidence.
What will you learn?
- a basic understanding of management system principles
- an understanding of the ISM Code as a management system model
- an understanding of risk and its management
- knowledge of the processes involved in the design, development, implementation and continual improvement of an effective system in the context of shipping operations
- a practical approach to the interpretation and application of the ISM Code
- a thorough knowledge of the principles and practice of the conduct and reporting of audits.
No knowledge of management systems, the ISM Code or auditing is necessary.