PYA Table Setting Competition at Monaco Yacht Show
Date(s) - Sep 26, 2014
PYA is holding it’s first Table Setting Competition at the Monaco Yacht Show this year
The PYA is responsible for the current training & certification platform for interior crew; GUEST©
(Guidelines for Excellence in Service Training).
With 23 Training Providers worldwide offering training under the PYA GUEST© programme, this promises an industry standardization and quality of training for interior crew, now and for the future of their careers.
To encourage, support and recognize the skills and flare of interior crew, the PYA is holding a Table Setting Competition at this year’s Monaco Yacht Show.
- The objective is to have fun in showing off the creative flare, accuracy and skills of the interior crew, while artistically decorating a dining table onboard, using the yacht’s own linen, china, tableware and any decorative items you can get your hands on. The Chief Stew may choose to set-up on either an interior or exterior table, with either a formal or informal interpretation of the theme.
- Judging will be on Thursday, 26th September 2014 from 10.30 to 14.00, during the Monaco Yacht Show. Judges will collectively visit the vessel, subject to location of the yacht.
- The competition is open to interior crew onboard all size of yachts participating in the port of Monaco at the Monaco Yacht Show 2014. There are two categories; under 45 meters and over 45 meters. One table for each entry.
- The Theme: “Monaco Glam”
- The Chief Stew will be the named participant and will need to enter the yacht into the competition before 15.00 on Wednesday 24thSeptember 2014.
- The results and prize giving will be held at the PYA Interior Seminar Friday 26th September 2014, at the International Hydrographic Organisation, 4b Quai Antoine Premier, Monaco, from 17.00 to 19.00, followed by drinks and canapes on the stunning rooftop terrace overlooking the port.