Registration for 16th annual Charter Chefs Competition
Date(s) - Nov 16, 2015
16th ANNUAL CHARTER CHEFS COMPETITION
Registration opens at 9am Eastern Caribbean Time on the 16th November 2015
TWO GREAT COMPETITIONS IN ONE …
THE CULINARY CONTEST AND THE TABLESCAPING CONTEST
THREE COURSE CHRISTMAS LUNCH FROM AROUND THE WORLD – WITH A CARIBBEAN TWIST
With Charter Yacht Chefs from many different countries around the world we invite you to chose a traditional Charistmas lunch from the country of your choice but give it a caribbean twist in your use of ingredients and presentation.
As your Christmas Charter is probably the 1st charter you will be cooking for after the Antigua Charter Yacht Show and a very special charter indeed.
Serve your special charter guests Christmas Luncheon with a bit of Caribbean inspiration.
Show your panache and flair in creating three dishes – a starter – a main course – a dessert
The competitions will be held onboard your yacht, the choice is yours of where you serve your Three Course Christmas Luncheon
REGISTRATION opens at 9am Eastern Caribbean Time (GMT 2 pm and EST 8 a.m.)
on Monday the 16th November 2015.
• Register as early as possible after 9 a.m. ECT as ONLY THE FIRST 10 REGISTRANTS in each of the three categories will gain entry.
The Chef must make the registration unless they have given explicit instructions to their management company.
• Category 1 – Chefs on Yachts 160ft+ judged on Saturday 5th December
• Category 2 – Chefs on Yachts 100to 159ft judged on Sunday 6th December
• Category 3 – Chefs on Yachts 99ft and under judged on Monday 7th December
CHEF’S CULINARY CONTEST CRITERIA:
- Read the information on the website and confirm by email that you understand the format of the competition. Email: email@example.com
- Show your culinary talents in preparing a Christmas Luncheon from the country of your choice with a Caribbean twist. Explain to the judges your Country choice/ theme and how you have incorporated a Caribbean twist into your dishes.
- Mandatory Meeting for Assigned Judging Time: Attend the Chefs Briefing held on Friday 4th December at 3.30pm, location Copper & Lumber Store Hotel, same location as the Captains Briefing.
- Prepare, on your yacht, a Christmas Luncheon from any country around the world giving each dish a Caribbean twist.
- Your Christmas Luncheon may be served in the location of your choice: dining saloon, the aft deck, sun deck, saloon…buffet style or plated.
- Prepare enough food to serve six people. Five of which the judges will taste and one of each will be photographed.
- Provide SEVEN copies of your menu, handwritten or printed; one for the table, one for the coordinator, and one each for the five judges.
- All food preparation is to be done by the Chef…a helper may assist in plating and serving the dinner.
will be onboard at your allotted time in your chosen area.
Judges will be onboard for 30 minutes.
• Originality/ Creativity • Presentation • Taste/Flavor • Country theme with Caribbean twist • Execution Craft/Technique • Overall Impression
NOTE: If you are serving a Broker’s Luncheon the day of your competition, please let us know if you would like to be judged before or after the luncheon.