Triton Expo ::: Wednesday, April 5, 2017
It’s time for the spring edition of our Triton Expo,
one of our largest networking events of the year.
April 5 (the first Wednesday of the month) 5-8 p.m.
at Bahia Mar Yachting Center
801 Seabreeze Blvd., Ft. Lauderdale (33316)
We’ve gathered about 50 businesses to showcase their goods and services for yacht captains and crew, we’ll add a little music and some casual nibbles, and we’ll have some great networking.
This low-key, free trade show typically attracts more than 500 captains, crew and industry professionals. Here’s some advice to help our guests get the most out of the event.
- While it is casual, the Triton Expo is a professional networking event. Dress appropriately; come ready to meet new people; bring business cards.
- Prepare a little. Visit www.the-triton.com, hover over “events” and click on Triton Expo. Scroll through the list of exhibitors to see if there are any you want to learn more about, and make a point of visiting them during the evening.
- Walk around and introduce yourself and learn about the vendors. You may not need their services today, but next month when you get that promotion or next year when you join a new boat, you might want to contact them.
- Have a goal for new contacts. A captain might make a point of meeting three new business owners, or collecting info from five new crew candidates. A new deckhand might seek out and introduce himself to three captains. Ask a successful contact to introduce you to someone else.
- When making an introduction, find something that the two people have in common so they can more easily begin talking. You’ll be a rock star to both people if a new connection is the result.
- Collect business cards. Begin or expand your network of resources that will make you invaluable to your boss. Jot a note on the back of the card so you remember something about the person.
- Follow up. Do what you say you are going to do. If you said you’d forward a resume or share a link, do it.
- Placement agents will be there, both exhibiting and walking around. Stop and talk to them. Update them on your career. Bring a few copies of your resume.
- This is a business event, not an evening out. Be professional. Consider this work for a couple hours, then maybe invite someone new out for dinner or drinks to reinforce a new relationship.
To exhibit, call Cat at 954-525-0029. Space is limited.
Click HERE for location directions
Click HERE to learn a little more about The Triton from Publisher Lucy Reed.
Click to visit our Expo vendors directory listings.
Click here for photos from previous Triton events.