Innovative products awarded at IBEXSep 15, 2015 by Dorie Cox
The International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition & Conference (IBEX) this morning named the winners of its 2015 IBEX Innovation Awards.
The winners are:
- Boatbuilding Methods & Materials: Xtreme Tower Products/Marine Accessories Corp. for its Mixed Media Parallel Hinge Tower.
- Deck Equipment & Hardware: Dowco for its Easy-Lift.
- Furnishings & Interior Parts: Syntec Industries for Elage.
- Mechanical Systems: Termodinamica SRL for its Termodinamica VRV10.
- Electrical Systems: Bocatech for it BT1 5LEDSW-B.
- Outboard Engines: Attwood Corp. for its MotorGuide X5 with VRS.
- Propulsion Parts, Propellers: Mercury Marine for its Flo Torq SSR-HD.
- Boat Care & Maintenance: Reverso Pumps for its Automatic Outboard Flushing System.
- OEM Electronics: Simrad-Navico for its Halo Pulse Compression Radar. An honorable mention in this category goes to Medallion Instrumentation Systems for its Malibu Surf Band.
- Environmental Award: Blue Gas Marine for its Natural Gas Hybrid-Fuel System.
The awards were selected by a panel of judges from Boating Writers International. Winners are selected based on significant contribution in marine industry innovation and product development. Ninety products were entered.
IBEX is owned and produced by Professional BoatBuilder magazine and the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA). It is the marine industry’s largest technical trade event. For more, visit www.ibexshow.com.