IMI recognizes newly certified marina professionalsJan 30, 2019 by Triton Staff
The International Marina Institute, the training arm of the Association of Marina Industries, held an award ceremony Jan. 24 in Fort Lauderdale for 12 graduates of its marina manager program and three graduates of its marina operator program.
Certified marina managers (CMMs) and certified marina operators (CMOs) must first complete the institute’s Intermediate Marina Management and Advanced Marina Management courses, then submit an application for approval by a review committee, according to an IMI press release.
Both courses are offered twice a year, with additional sessions according to demand. The most recent course was held in December in Nanaimo, British Columbia, in partnership with Boating BC.
The next intermediate course will be held Feb. 17-21, with the advanced course to follow Feb. 24-March 1, both in Charleston, South Carolina. The intermediate course also will be held June 23-27 in Fort Lauderdale.
For more information, visit marinaassociation.org/training.
The recently certified CMMs are:
- Derek Roderick, Albany Marina, Nassau, Bahamas
- Doug Mason, Sunset Harbour Yacht Club, Miami Beach, Florida
- James Pickett, Branford Yacht Club, Branford, Connecticut
- Ted Schiafone, Oceanside Harbor & Beaches, Oceanside, Califorinia
- Bill Gauspohl, VIP Marina, Leander, Texas
- Ray Fernandez, Bridge Marina, Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
- Joseph Cangianelli, James Creek Marina, Fairfax, Virginia
- Scott Grindy, San Francisco Marina, San Francisco, California
- Robin McKeown, Queen’s Cove Marina, Victoria Harbour, Ontario
- Carrie VanDerra, Reefpoint Marina, Racine, Wisconsin
- Keith Bellflower, Pensacola Shipyard, Pensacola, Florida
- Kris Shapiro, Cedar Island Marina, Clinton, Conn.
The recently certified CMOs are:
- Matt Faucher, Beach Point Yacht Club, Mamaroneck, New York
- Trey Hayes III, The Charleston City Marina, Charleston, South Carolina
- Dustin Bruce, Indian Harbor Yacht Club, Greenwich, Connecticut