Queensland names superyacht grants winnersMay 29, 2019 by Triton Staff
The Queensland Superyacht News, a semi-annual newsletter published by the Queensland state development department, has announced the first round of Superyacht Industry Development Fund recipients. The fund issues grants of up to $19,000 to help small and medium businesses in Queensland attract superyacht contracts.
The following six businesses will share in $41,000 for the fund’s first round:
- Gold Coast City Marina and Shipyard, in Coomera.
- Rivergate Marina and Shipyard, in Murarrie.
- Abell Point Marina, in Airlie Beach.
- Seaspec Marine Services, in Coomera.
- Trinity Fire Services, in Cairns.
- Carter Marine Industries, in Cairns.
The development fund is part of Queensland’s Superyacht Strategy, intended to increase the state’s share of the global superyacht sector by 10% and establish Queensland as the superyacht hub of the Asia-Pacific region. Such growth, according to the state government, would create thousands of jobs and bring millions of dollars to the economy.