Registration Opens for ABYC’s SUR/TECH Virtual ConferenceDec 8, 2022 by submission
The American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) announced the agenda and opened registration for its SUR/TECH
virtual conference, Feb. 7-8, 2023, offering continuing education for marine surveyors, technicians and other marine industry professionals. Attendees can choose one day based on topics of interest, or attend both days and earn up to 10 continuing education credits (CEUs).
“We are excited to bring back two days of SUR/TECH with new focused topics based on previous attendee input,” said ABYC Membership Director Kevin Sullen. “ABYC strives to be the essential source of technical information in the marine industry and this event further supports the continuing education and technical training needs of surveyors and techs.”
Attendees can attend online for one for both days. Topics include:
Feb. 7 – Surveyor Training Day (5 CEUs)
- Industry briefing from ABYC President John Adey
- Basic engine surveys
- Yacht brokers and surveyors – how to work together for a happy customer
- Surveyor’s best defense – writing reports citing ABYC standards and SAMS/NAMS
- Surveying electrical systems
- Training new marine surveyors and continuing education for veterans
Feb. 8 – Technician Training Day (5 CEUs)
- Selection and installation of lithium batteries utilizing new ABYC standards
- Advanced electrical – electrical diagnostics, control circuits, three phase and more
- DC systems – analysis, troubleshooting and tools
- Power and wiring considerations in new electronic gear installations
- Insurance coverages – how to choose wisely
During breaks there will be optional bonus micro-courses on electrical, corrosion, and engine service.
“We know participants will still be getting all the regular work pressures and distractions, so there will be extended breaks where attendees can choose to stick around for micro-courses from ABYC or go stretch and take care of other work needs,” said Scullen.